- Open (or download) SketchUp8 on your computer
- if it says "a newer version of sketchup is available for download<" click "remind me later"
- In the top left hand side of the page click the "tools" button
- Then in the drop down box select "3D text"
- Type whatever you want where it says “enter text”
- you can change the shape, size, and font of your text by choosing any of the buttons underneath the word that you typed in (see step 5) and changing it however you want
- Then click the box in the bottom left hand corner that says “place” (underneath the buttons where you can change the shape, size, and font of your word(s)
- move around your mouse, and click on the place where you want to put your letters